Some students are reporting a buzzing sound while using the new Windows 10 computers with Collaborate. We have found this can be corrected by adjusting the microphone settings to turn off the audio enhancements.
You will need to do this process twice, once for the built in microphone, and once for your external microphone
- Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray, and click on 'Recording Devices'
- Choose one of the recording device, and click the 'Properties' button
- From the Microphone Properties window, click on the Advance tab
- Uncheck the "Enable audio enhancements" option
- Click Apply to save your setting