Simply put, cache is just a copy of the orignal data stored locally to speed up the computing processes. Sometime this is for web browsing, some times this is for CPU usage.
We have provided a "Clear Cache" script for PAVCS computers that will clear the cache for the most common needs with a single click.
- Double click the "Clear Cache" icon on your desktop.
- You will see a command prompt window open, showing you the progress of the script, do not close this window until prompted.
- When prompted, press any key to end the script and close the command prompt window.
This script will:
- Clear Internet Explorer's cache (i.e. "Temporary Internet Files")
- Clear Chrome's cache
- Clear Blackboard Collaborate Launcher's cache
- Clear Java cache
- Delete Flash cookies
- Delete downloaded Collaborate meeting files (.collab and .jnlp) stored in users Download folder
- Delete the users temporary (%TEMP%) files