The Tech Department has been working with Barracuda, and we have found and corrected the issue that caused the "Access Denied" issue for many students. Correcting the issue has stopped the spread of the problem, but unfortunately does not immediately fix the problem for those students seeing the "Access Denied" notice.
We are reaching out to each family affected by this issue idivudally, as well as pushing out updates to all the computers that have been affected by the "Access Denied" problem. In the mean time, we ask for you patience as we work to assist each and everyone of our families affected. Please do NOT call the helpline phone number at this time, as they are unable to fix this particular issue.
If you are one of the families still affected by the "Access Denied" notice, we ask that:
- Please be patient, the update could be on it way, and we will contacting you as soon as we can. Do NOT call the helpline at this time.
- Please leave your school provided computer turned on, so that it can receive the update. We also ask that you occasional try to access any website, you may find you have already received the update.
- If possible, use a different computer/device to get to class and/or check email for communications from the Tech Department.
We are currently (Jan. 31, 3:30pm) aware of an issue with our student computer's web filtering software. The issue is causing a number of users to get the following message when they try to access any website while using a school provide computer.
We are currently aware of the issue, and are investigating. We will update this post as we get additional information.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.