Single Sign-On Method
As of August 5th, 2020, this is the preferred method of login.
Before using this method, it is highly suggested that you first sign into Chrome using your PA Virtual provided Google account (@pavcs.us). See How Do I Sign Into Chrome? for step-by-step directions.
- Go to http://pavcs.blackboard.com
- Select the dropdown that says "Sign in with third-party account"
- Choose "Sign in with Google"
If you are already signed into your @pavcs.us account, you will then be logged into Blackbaord Learn. If you are not already signed in, you will be redirected to a Google signin page.
- You get a Google 403 Error Page that says: "Error: ap_not_enabled_for_user"
- FIX: You will recieve this message if you are logged into an non-PAVCS Google account. Log out of that account, and then log into your @pavcs.us account. Then you can try to log into Blackboard Learn again.
- You get a Google Login Page - This means you are not currently logged into any Google account.
- FIX: You will simply need to follow the login prompts and login using your @pavcs.us account.
- You get a Blackboard Error Page saying that "unable to log into your account using Single Sign-on because the authentication request has expired." This means the authtication with Google has timed-out and needs to be refreshed.
- FIX: Sign out of Google, and then log back into your @pavcs.us Google account. Then you can try to log into Blackboard Learn again.
- You get a Blackboard Error Page saying that "unable to log into your account using Single Sign-on" and then provides an Error ID.
- FIX: We find that we need to investigate these issues invidually. Please contact the Helpline and provde that Error ID so the issue can be correctly investigated.
Username & Password Method
The following directions are related to the stand-alone Username & Password method. This method of login is being phased out and should not be used by any student, parent or staff member after August 5th 2020.
To log into Blackboard, you will need your Blackboard username and password. Your Blackboard username is the same as your PA Virtual provided email username. So if your email is "firstname.lastname@example.org" then your Blackboard username is "brownc001". If you don't know your password, please see the I Forgot My Blackboard Learn Password for directions on how to reset your own password.
Obsolete after August 5, 2020
There are a few possible reasons why you might not be able to log into Blackboard Learn. Below is a list of common issues and possible solution(s) for each one.
- You may have the wrong 'stored' password. If you normally let your browser fill in the password, this time clear out the space and type it again.
- If you are trying to copy/paste from another document, you might be picking up a "hidden" character like a space or tab.
- Double check that you don't have Caps Lock on.
- Clearing your cache is never a 'bad' idea, and just might help you quickly fix the problem.
- To reset your password yourself, see I Forgot My Blackboard Learn Password
But I still can't log into Blackboard
Obsolete after August 5, 2020
- To reset your password, see I Forgot My Blackboard Learn Password
- If you are still having issue's accessiong Blackboard, please contact your Family Support Coordinator (FSC).